[SoC2010-General] Fwd: Pyjamas project GSoC application

Jameson Quinn jameson.quinn at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 01:15:46 CET 2011

Hello Python GSoCcers. I'm approaching you on behalf of the Pyjamas project.
In case you don't know who we are, we're python for browsers (either
natively-installed or compiled to javascript a la GWT). We are currently
planning to independently apply to GSoC this year, and we were wondering if
Python might vouch for our organization and project.

Also, I saw that there were several projects (such as Cython, Pypy,
Stackless Python, etc.) which are participating in GSoC under your umbrella.
Would you accept us under the same umbrella? I think that we could certainly
make the argument that, like those other projects, and unlike some separate
python-based project like, say, Django, we are a project that extends
python's capabilities "sideways" instead of just "building on top". If you
would consider it, would we have to abandon our own independent (and
somewhat quixotic) application, or could we attempt to get in independently
and then join you if we don't?

Thanks,
Jameson Quinn