[spambayes-dev] "Donations" page for SpamBayes

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Wed Aug 6 00:24:13 EDT 2003

Tim and I have been chatting with the PSF about channeling donations for the
SpamBayes project their way.  This has come up before on the SpamBayes list,
with Tim prompting that the PSF would be a good place to send money to!

Here is my first draft at the page.  Please offer any suggestions you feel
appropriate.

Thanks,

Mark.

Title: Donations for the SpamBayes project
Author-Email: SpamBayes at python.org
Author: SpamBayes

<h2>SpamBayes donations</h2>
money to use or redistribute the software.</p>

Foundation (PSF) a charity worthy of any donation you feel appropriate.
Such a donation would not only demonstrate your appreciation of this tool,
but also to help advance the development of other Open Source tools
tools in the future.</p>

<h2>About the PSF</h2>
Python programming language.  The PSF is registered as a US charity, so
all deductions made by US residents will be fully tax deducatable
(but see the
for specific details).</p>

<h2>Why donate to the PSF?</h2>
developers of SpamBayes believe that if it were not for Python, SpamBayes
would simply not exist - the productivity gains and ease of use made it
possible for a bunch of hackers to experiment freely and somehow end up with
this very nice tool.</p>

Software.  It gives us powerful, free tools we can use to develop software,
but more importantly, the tools come with the ultimate technical reference -
the source code.  When our tools fail to work as we expect (as all software
does at some stage), we know we have the resources necessary to do our job.

<h2>Yeah yeah, but why donate to the PSF?</h2>
makes
it unreasonable for any individual to collect money.  As the PSF is a
registered charity and devoted to promoting Open Source Software, it
seems the logical choice.</p>

<h2>What will the PSF do with my money?  Will it be spent on SpamBayes?</h2>
earmarked specifically for the SpamBayes project.  In the future, the PSF
may make additional funds available for SpamBayes, for some other worthy
Open Source project, or for some other purpose within its charter.  You
may like to read the
for more details.</p>

<h2>OK, OK, where do I pay?</h2>
why you are giving money ('cos the software is so cool) and to whom
(the PSF).</p>

  <form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
    <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_xclick">
    <input type="hidden" name="business" value="psf-donations at python.org">
    <input type="hidden" name="item_name" value="SpamBayes Project">
    <input type="hidden" name="item_number" value="PSF Donation">
    <input type="hidden" name="no_note" value="1">
    <input type="hidden" name="currency_code" value="USD">
    <input type="hidden" name="tax" value="0">
    <input type="image"
src="https://www.paypal.com/images/x-click-but21.gif"
           border="0" name="submit"
           alt="Donate to the Python Software Foundation using PayPal">
  </form>