[spambayes-dev] RE: [Python-Dev] RE: [Spambayes] Question (orpossibly a bug report)

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Wed Aug 13 21:34:16 EDT 2003

> I don't understand this bit. You'd rather use an undocumented API
> function than an open source, well-tested, properly licensed set of
> functions?

I don't know what the exact requirements of this license are, but I
assure you that redistributing code that is not under the PSF license
is a pain, even if it's an open source license.  If we can get the
original authors to contribute the code to the PSF without the
requirement to include a license of any kind (beyond the PSF license)
in redistributions, either by the PSF or downstream, even if those
redistributions are commercial or contain proprietary code in addition
to open source code.  This is what's possible with the PSF license,
and that needs to remain the case.  In particular, the GPL is *not*
acceptable for this purpose.