[spambayes-dev] Dialog Hacking

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Fri Aug 15 13:55:34 EDT 2003

> Here's take two ;) http://meta.xenogeist.com/images/manager2.jpg

This is much better.  I couldn't really read the "Outlook plugin" bit
because the gradient was too wide, and too dark in parts.

There's still too much (IMO) space between the logo and the rest of the
dialog (the black bit).  This could just be a couple of pixels (again,
IMO).

(I would like a full-stop at the end of the explanation of training too,
but that isn't a dialog design issue).

> It's mainly the gui for the timer delays I'm worried about
> (and that's giving me fits. Damn sliders.).

Is this what you are putting in the (returned!) advanced section?  Or
are you putting it in the filter dialog somewhere?

I think that the new dialogs should expose the four 'read status'
options as well.  I haven't seen anything much in the way of problems
reported about them, and they are often requested.

> The logo is in Jasc Paint Shop Pro 8 format. Should I check
> that file in as well as the bmp?

Yes.  There's nothing worse than working with a bitmap image that was
originally a vector image.  You could check in some other form of vector
image that isn't PSP only if you'd rather (something that the Gimp or
Photoshop could open), but it doesn't really matter.

=Tony Meyer

[ While you're playing with things, you should put in an easter egg of
sorts that opens up a browser window with python.org if you click on the
Python Powered image... ;) ]