[spambayes-dev] Dialog Hacking

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Fri Aug 15 12:10:32 EDT 2003

Oops - I didn't see the spambayes-dev CC!  I just sent this to Adam:

> It's mainly the gui for the timer delays I'm worried about (and that's
> giving me fits. Damn sliders.).

Are my "processors" making sense?  Note I was considering dropping these
values down to integer seconds for the "real" version - so if that makes
stuff easier that is fine (we *will* move the option names for this stuff,
so we can change it.  We may migrate values, but obviously can handle that
too).  I really don't think we should expose "ms" in the UI - at the worst,
I think it should be fractions of a second (eg, slider has a 1, 1.5, 2)
sequence.  What do you think?

Should we be considering using property pages?

> The logo is in Jasc Paint Shop Pro 8 format. Should I check
> that file in as
> well as the bmp?

Yeah, I guess so.  Although maybe not with the psp logo in the Outlook tree.
Maybe something like:

spambayes/logos - new directory - pspro file here
spambayes/Outlook/dialogs/somewhere - bmp + readme here.
spambayes/somewhere/- jpg used by pop3proxy

Not sure about "logos" - maybe a name more general purpose - but we already
have the "website" directory, so I can't see, eg, documents ever living
here, so I am back to "logos" :)

Maybe take this one back to spambayes-dev, and just check the .bmp in
Outlook whereever it makes sense, following up with the "source file" later.
Remember to add this stuff with "-kb" so they are flagged as binary.

Thanks,

Mark.