[spambayes-dev] Outlook Manager dialog

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Mon Aug 18 14:37:46 EDT 2003

> I agree it's odd. Of course it was odd before when we had a
> training section and a training dialog.

True, although not as odd, because you moved from a general training
section into a whole new dialog.

> I'm of the opinion that we may need two GUIs. A simplified
> and a power user (or maybe a wizard-for-first-setup and
> standard?) interface.

I hate having advanced and simple GUIs, but realise that I may again be
in the minority.  IMO, a good interface is easy for beginners to use,
and easy for 'experts' to use faster.  One of the problems with
beginner/advanced options is that most people start out as beginner,
progress out of it, but never reach expert, ending up somewhere in the
middle.

That said, a 'wizard' type thing just for an initial setup would
probably be a good thing.  InBoxer has one of these.

> The old layout suffered many of the same problems the current
> one does

True, but while we're changing it, we should fix them all! (When I say
"we", I mean you and Mark, of course <wink>).

> (I didn't change the layout much other breaking up
> some pages)

The particular change I was referring to was the change from multiple
dialogs to a single, tabbed, dialog.  I know this is how Microsoft (and
others) believe that this is how a dialog should be, but I don't agree
(sometimes they are right, sometimes they aren't).

=Tony Meyer