[spambayes-dev] RE: [Spambayes-checkins] website related.ht, 1.10, 1.11

Sean True seant at iname.com
Sun Aug 17 23:07:00 EDT 2003

> [From the check-ins list]
> > Bring the 'related projects' up to date wrt inboxer/spambayes.
>
> Does this mean that SpamAtBay no longer exists?  (I was always a bit
> confused about how InBoxer and SpamAtBay related, anyway).  It was the
> better name, IMO, although perhaps not as marketable.
>
> > ! <p>Some developers like the SpamBayes project enough to
> > invest in building other projects on top of it. Please
> > contact us if you would like to be listed here. A listing
> > here does not mean that the SpamBayes team endorses the
> > project. Commercial projects offer the same success in
> > filtering mail, but in exchange for your money, strive to be
> > more user-friendly, offer more in the way of support, or
> > additional features that enhance the functions of the core
> > SpamBayes code base.</p>
>
> This sounds much better than what was previously there, BTW.
>
> =Tony Meyer

It's complicated. Basically, it's a triumph of marketers over developers
(should sound familiar), but since I'm squarely on both sides of the fence,
I don't mind a bit.

I'll be announcing something definitive shortly, but in the mean time I am
trying to reduce confusion on public venues. InBoxer has a review coming up
in PCMag in a couple of weeks, and we expect all _you know what_ to break
loose:
no matter what label is on it, I'm firmly on the hook for support.

If you want to get a preview of the marketing slant for InBoxer, take a look
at

http://www.inboxer.com/0sb.html

Compared to the nice spare h2tohtml site we all know (and love), it's pretty
cluttered.

-- Sean