[spambayes-dev] Windows installer for non Outlook users

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Mon Aug 18 13:33:19 EDT 2003

> 	So, if you do agree, I'm ready to take care of this.

I agree, but see no reason we can't use py2exe etc for this.  It may be hard
to do optimally, but even a "simple" py2exe distribution may be better than
this, and would have alot less change of screwing up an existing Python
install.

Thomas Heller (py2exe guy) is currently working on some nice features that I
proposed simply so I could make my installer even better.  My intention, and
we are not that far off, is to have a single installer that comes with
pop3proxy as a service, as a "standard" exe for win9x, and as the outlook
plugin.  Inno would then detect which is most appropriate.  The size of the
distribution would not grow much at all, as all common code would live in a
.zip file, and shared between the various small, "stub" exes and dlls.

but yeah, if the above makes you balk, I have no objection.

Mark.