[spambayes-dev] SpamBayes Readme

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Tue Aug 19 20:38:36 EDT 2003

> I suggest the following approach. Move the current README
> aside and create a new one. It can just have the section
> headings in there initially, then people can write sections
> as they go. The current approach of hoping for
> someone to come along and rewrite it all isn't working.

That's probably right.  However, I couldn't be bothered creating
appropriate headings, so I've created a new version.

It's here at the moment:
<http://www.massey.ac.nz/~tameyer/readme.txt>

Comments?  Or should I just check this in?  I'll create a
"readme-devel.txt" file that has all the testing (etc) info that the old
readme had.

BTW, because there are so many different ways to use & train spambayes,
it is quite difficult to write an introduction that suits everyone.  I'm
not sure this does this yet, but it's a step along the way.  It is very
similar to INTEGRATION.TXT (which probably could be retired if we use
this alternative readme).

Richard: is this more what you were after?  Apart from having things
moved around, it is *very* similar to INTEGRATION.TXT, which apparently
wasn't good enough.  Can you suggest improvements?

=Tony Meyer