[spambayes-dev] Patch for pop3proxy

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Mon Aug 25 11:37:15 EDT 2003

    papaDoc>     if '::' in filename:
    papaDoc> TypeError: 'in <string>' requires character as left operand

Fixed in CVS using string object's find() method.  (Actual fix is in
spambayes/storage.py now due to some reshuffling over the weekend.)

    papaDoc> I don't know if this is the good way to do it but it solves my
    papaDoc> problem.......

It worked, but using regular expressions may have been overkill.

Probably my favorite Internet quote of all time is this one from Jamie
Zawinski:

    Some people, when confronted with a problem, think "I know, I'll use
    regular expressions."  Now they have two problems.

Skip