[spambayes-dev] More CVS branch/tags questions

Kenny Pitt kennypitt at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 1 09:40:59 EST 2003

Tony Meyer wrote:
> Well, yes.  My only worry is that the trunk contains various code
> that the branch doesn't which is definitely not bug-fix and does
> change sb_server.py, UserInterface.py and ProxyUI.py a fair bit.  Of
> course, if I did it right, I didn't introduce any bugs adding that
> code anyway, but ...

I've been using the updated version for quite awhile now, both from
source and with the new py2exe Windows binary.  We wrang out a couple of
minor bugs early on, but I haven't had any problems with it in several
weeks.

> OTOH, it would be nice to have some of those features in a release
> sooner than May 04 :)  (Especially the one that lets people submit a
> decent bug report).

Haven't tried the bug report feature, so can't give you a read on the
stability there.

>> 3) Put together a binary from my current py2exe setup script,
>> which includes CVS and a number of sb_ programs.
>
> Does one need a special version of py2exe for this?  If so, is it one
> that there's a binary available for?  (i.e. can I do this without
> VC++?)

It's the version in the sandbox subdirectory in py2exe CVS.  There
currently isn't a binary install that I know of, but I'm sure someone
could throw one together if needed.  I've been meaning to do it myself
so I can put it on my computer at home, but just haven't gotten around
to it.

On an at best partially related aside, if/when we redo the release
branching could we possibly do something with the version numbering in
Version.py?  It seems a bit confusing to have a completely different
version number for every app, especially when they appear to be totally
unrelated to the "1.0a7" type release numbering.

--
Kenny Pitt