[spambayes-dev] sb_notesfilter.py changes

Hugo.Duncan at alcan.com Hugo.Duncan at alcan.com
Mon Dec 1 11:44:13 EST 2003

Hi,

I downloaded spambayes a few days ago, saw that you had some notes support,
and tried to integrate the script to run on receipt of mail in my notes
client.

These were the changes that I had to make (attached diff file):

add -P password option to specify the notes password.  Not terribly secure
I guess, but
you don't have to use it if you don't want to.

make it so that the pathname of the mail database is used both on server
and on
local machine.

make the replication occur only if running on the server fails.

allow redirection of stdout and stderr to file (-R filename)

allow logging to a notes database.

add file "Spam" to processed mail, to record spam probability.

I then added an "agent" (lotus speak for script) that processes new mail,
and some menu options for manually marking as spam,  for unmarking
falsely classified spam and for training as ham.

Regards,
Hugo

(See attached file: sb_notesfilter.diff)

Notice:
This message and any attachments are the property of Alcan and are intended
solely for the named recipients or entity to whom this message is
addressed. If you have received this message in error please inform the
sender via e-mail and destroy the message. If you are not the intended
recipient you are not allowed to use, copy or disclose the contents or
attachments in whole or in part.