[spambayes-dev] Re: sb_notesfilter.py changes

Hugo.Duncan at alcan.com Hugo.Duncan at alcan.com
Mon Dec 1 12:23:43 EST 2003

Tim,

Thanks for getting any sort of notes support!

> it became less and less able to accurately classify

I'll keep an eye on this.  Thanks for the warning.

>One is that notes does not give you headers in the rfc822 sense.

Although you can access them in the document fields.  I just wrote
an agent to extract these so that I could send stuff to SpamCop.

> I'd love to have a notes integration, similar to the outlook integration,
> that doesn't rely on an external program using the com
> interface... but that is beyond my abilities with notes.

Presumably the outlook integration uses some sort of dll? does
it still require a python interpreter ?

> if you can give me the source for the agent

This is the "After new mail arrives" agent, in LotusScript.  Not very
pretty,
but it works for me.

Sub Initialize
  Err=0
  res%=Shell("c:/usr/Python23/pythonw.exe
c:/usr/Python23/scripts/sb_notesfilter.py -t -c   -r your_server_name -l
your_db_name -f Spambayes -d notesbayes -i index_name -P your_password_here
-R c:/tmp/bayes.log -L SpamBayesLog",1)
  If (Err<>0) Then
    Messagebox  Error$
  End If
End Sub

The others are "SimpleAction"'s to move the mail to the appropriate
folders.

Notice:
This message and any attachments are the property of Alcan and are intended
solely for the named recipients or entity to whom this message is
addressed. If you have received this message in error please inform the
sender via e-mail and destroy the message. If you are not the intended
recipient you are not allowed to use, copy or disclose the contents or
attachments in whole or in part.