[spambayes-dev] Branch merge

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Tue Dec 2 19:49:22 EST 2003

I had a bash at merging the branch back onto the trunk.  There were a fairly
large number of conflicts, but after examining them all, it appears Tony has
been doing an excellent job at keeping all hist patches on both the branch
and the trunk - so most of the conflicts were resolved in favour of the
trunk.

I have attached 2 patches.  sb_docs.patch is patches to the various doc
files - README, README-DEVEL, etc etc etc.  Most of these are typos fixed on
the branch, and the most recent release notes.  A quick look by people who
edit these files would be great!

sb_code.patch contains the changes to code files required to merge the trunk
and the branch.  ImapUI.py has a number of reasonable looking changes which
check if currently logged on, and that the server name is valid.
spambayes/__init__.py bumps the version number.  This makes a grand total of
2 .py files that are affected by the merge.

Given the trivial nature of the patch required to do the merge, the question
appears to be "what is *missing*"!

I also attempted to upgrade the test suite in the hope of catching any
errors.  I have already checked these in.

Any comments, or +1s on me checking this in?

After we get past this, I will update README-DEVEL with our current 1.0
plan, and re-visit Version.py ;)

Thanks,

Mark.