[spambayes-dev] sb_server UI error

Kenny Pitt kennypitt at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 15 13:13:03 EST 2003

Skip Montanaro wrote:
>     Kenny> Looks like a usage got missed when deprecating the
extract_dow
>     Kenny> option:
>
> Yeah, I wasn't aware these things were referenced anywhere but in the
> Options.py and tokenizer files.  Try removing lines from ImapUI.py and
> ProxyUI.py which contain extract_dow or generate_time_buckets, then
> start again.  If that works, let me know and I'll check in the change.

I don't have a setup to test ImapUI.py, but that works for ProxyUI.py.

> (Deprecated options should probably not be offered in even the
> advanced options page, right?)

Probably not, but FWIW adding the 'x-' in front of the option name in
ProxyUI.py also works.  I suppose you could make a case for leaving the
options on the config page for a release or two so users can see that
they have been deprecated.  Don't know if anyone is more likely to see
it there than in the logs, though.

--
Kenny Pitt