[spambayes-dev] RE: [Spambayes] Accidentally deleted Junk email folder.

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Tue Dec 16 12:10:32 EST 2003

[from the spambayes list]
> We use Spambayes in my company with great success, and have come
> across only one bug, which I have not found listed. Since this has
> happened to all three of us using Spambayes, I was surprised to not
> find it in the troubleshooting guide.
>
> After the user accidentally deleted the Junk email folder or the Junk
> Suspect folder, I created new ones, but Spambayes would not filter to
> them.

I wonder whether the Outlook addin should stop trying to remember Outlook's
internal folder IDs, remember the user-visible string paths instead, and
enumerate the folders to (re)discover the internal Outlook IDs "whenever
anything may have changed".  It's hard to explain that creating a folder
with the same name in the same place doesn't create a folder with the same
name in the same place <wink>.