[spambayes-dev] comment assertion error? revisit DBDictClassifier assumptions?

Tim Stone tim at fourstonesExpressions.com
Tue Dec 23 15:10:06 EST 2003

On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 09:43:49 -0600, Skip Montanaro <skip at pobox.com> wrote:

> Perhaps we should reexamine the caching in DBDictClassifier.  I would
> like
> it to be able to inherit a bit more functionality from its base class.
> If
> the assumptions it makes aren't entirely accurate, much of the extra work
> maintaining caches might be avoided.

I have no idea where that comment came from... The scheme seems bogus to
me.  It's a word, it occurs once or many times, there's no reason to treat
it differently.  If we have memory consumption problems, then that's the
problem to fix..  We've had a bunch of discussion about using other db
systems (zodb, mysql, etc.).  Perhaps this is yet another reason to
"modernize" our database.

--

Vous exprimer; Exprésese; Te stesso esprimere; Express yourself!
Tim Stone