[spambayes-dev] FW: SF.NET Project Donation System

Richie Hindle richie at entrian.com
Tue Dec 23 19:14:10 EST 2003

[Richie]
> Anyone who's spent real money on the project, like Rob with the
> spambayes.org domain, could be reimbursed.

[Mark]
> I agree, but not sure how this could work in practical terms with the tax
> and holding issues.

We could temporarily add them to the top of the donations page, and use
your "Pay this guy first" idea.  Then users could donate directly to them.

[Mark]
> Our "donations" page could list the developers,
> and include a link to their personal sourceforge page.  What they say about
> themselves there is their issue.

Sounds sensible.  We could leave the PSF donation button there, and also
include a donation button for SourceForge (although they already take a 5%
cut of all donations, subject to a $1 minimum).  That should cover all the
bases.

[Tony]
> It seems to me that this would end up being more of a donate-for-support
> page, which leaves out those people that support but don't develop.  My
> personal suspicion is that people are more likely to want to donate for
> support than development, anyway.

Good point.  Maybe we should have a scheme whereby a non-developer
contributor can be nominated for inclusion on the donations page.

--
Richie Hindle
richie at entrian.com