[spambayes-dev] Reduced training test results

Rob Hooft rob at hooft.net
Mon Dec 29 04:37:58 EST 2003

T. Alexander Popiel wrote:
> Training on just those messages whose score isn't 0.00 or 1.00
> (rounded) seems to be a huge win over training on everything.

Told you:
See the section "Train on Errors, Unsures, and non-obvious correct
decisions" at http://www.entrian.com/sbwiki/TrainingIdeas

Happy that it comes out as I thought it would, though.

> Not so much because the accuracy is better (though accuracy
> does seem to be improved by neglecting those messages that it's
> already certain about), but because of a hugely reduced training
> set (and thus database).

Both are effects I can feel in practice!

Rob

--
Rob W.W. Hooft  ||  rob at hooft.net  ||  http://www.hooft.net/people/rob/