[spambayes-dev] [ spambayes-Bugs-744550 ] Outlook 2002 Tools/Customize dialog locks up

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Tue Jul 1 17:37:31 EDT 2003

Bugs item #744550, was opened at 2003-05-28 07:19
Message generated for change (Settings changed) made by mhammond
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=498103&aid=744550&group_id=61702

Category: Outlook
Group: None

Initial Comment:
During any given Outlook session, once I display the
Anti-Spam Manager dialog, I can no longer use
Outlook's Tools/Customize command (for modifying
menus, toolbars, etc.).  The Tools/Customize dialog
displays, but the dialog's window title is corrupted
(instead of "Customize" it just says "C") and all clicks
anywhere on the dialog or its buttons are ignored (they
produce the Windows "Default Beep" sound but nothing
else happens).  This means there's no way to dismiss
the dialog, and since it's modal, there's no way to do
anything else with Outlook, including closing it.  In these
circumstances the Outlook process has to be
terminated.  When Outlook is restarted,
Tools/Customize is once again fully functional as long
as I don't visit the Anti-Spam Manager.

I'm running the 002 plugin + Outlook 2002 SP2 under
Win2000 SP3.  I attach a logfile from a session where I
start Outlook, invoke the problem, and then terminate
the process after 60 seconds or so -- but the log doesn't
look very informative in this case.