[spambayes-dev] [ spambayes-Bugs-743131 ] connection refused with pop3proxy

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Wed Jul 2 13:49:01 EDT 2003

Bugs item #743131, was opened at 2003-05-25 12:31
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by richiehindle
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=498103&aid=743131&group_id=61702

Category: pop3proxy
Group: None

Initial Comment:
I'm just starting to use spambayes and need a little
assistance. I am using SuSE linux 8.2 and Evolution as
a mail program.  When I set up the localhost:port
address in Evolution and start pop3proxy with the same
port number, I get a connection refused error when I
try to check mail on the isp server.
I started pop3proxy first,and in fact I can access the
setup pages in my browser from localhost:8880 with no
problem.  I think it is Evolution which is refused by
my local computer, not pop3proxy by the isp.  The error
message definitely comes from Evolution and comes up
immediately after I press send/recieve.