[spambayes-dev] [ spambayes-Bugs-747107 ] SpamBayes leaves duplicate messages

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Thu Jul 3 09:32:11 EDT 2003

Bugs item #747107, was opened at 2003-06-01 15:28
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by dnaguy
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=498103&aid=747107&group_id=61702

Category: Outlook
Group: None

Initial Comment:
I am subscribed to a number of different mailing lists,
and I have a number of Outlook rules (set up via Rules
Wizard) to route the different mailing lists into different
folders.

When the rules are of the form:
Apply this rule after the message arrives
with <words> in the subject
move it to the <specified> folder

and a matching message comes in, SpamBayes
seems to leave multiple copies of that message in the
inbox.

This is very frustrating.

If the rule is of the form:
Apply this rule after the message arrives
sent to <email address>
move it to the <specified> folder

and a matching message comes in, duplicate
messages do not occur.

So it seems to be some sort of odd interaction with
Outlook Rules.

I'm running Outlook 2002 SP 2 on Windows XP SP 1a
(with current hotfixes).

Comment By: Brent Rockwood (dnaguy)