[spambayes-dev] Release 1.0a4

Anthony Baxter anthony at interlink.com.au
Sat Jul 5 19:13:05 EDT 2003

>>> Richie Hindle wrote
> I wondered about that.  Is anyone collecting examples of emails found in
> the wild that the email package can't cope with?  It's now trivial for
> pop3proxy users to collect these, by filtering on X-Spambayes-Exception
> headers.  I already have a couple of examples.

Well, the new parser's checked in on a branch that's accessible via CVS.
Unfortunately, pserver CVS access to SF is... well, screwed, I think is
the short answer. I can make an *unofficial* email package tarball of the
new parser for people to play with if they'd like. But if you've got dud
messages, please feel free to send them to me and I'll see what I can do.
For preference, send the message in a way that's not going to be screwed
up by the intervening mail transport - if all else fails, make a zip or
a tar.gz of the files. A number of people have forwarded me broken messages
where their mailer has taken the already broken message and turned it
into an even more broken shambles.

I know that things like Outlook make reconstructing the original message
almost impossible - I wonder if a debugging config option that saved
off messages that fail to parse correctly would be helpful here?

Anthony