[spambayes-dev] RE: Spambayes 1.0a4

Richie Hindle richie at entrian.com
Thu Jul 10 19:16:01 EDT 2003

Hi Van,

> Is this the known Unicode bug, or something new?

> append() at
>  C:\Python22\lib\email\Header.py line 230: ustr =unicode(s, incodec)

That's a malformed email message that Python's email package can't
understand (because it has unencoded high-bit-set characters in one of its
headers).  Anthony will probably hate me for saying this, but you could
forward the whole message (including headers, and preferably zipped up so
that it doesn't get modified by intervening email systems) to him:
anthony at interlink.com.au  He's the guy developing a better email parser
(where 'better' means 'more able to cope with broken emails').

--
Richie Hindle
richie at entrian.com