[spambayes-dev] RE: [Spambayes] Creating a Eudora (Windows) plugin - how?

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Fri Jul 11 13:24:32 EDT 2003

[Moved from spambayes at python]

> I am thinking that creating a Spambayes plug-in for Eudora
> would be a good idea.

One thing I forgot to mention in my previous post:

Something I'm planning to do (shortly, hopefully) is create a
configuration script for pop3proxy/imapfilter.  i.e. you run it and it
automatically sets up Eudora/OE/whatever, replacing your server details
with the appropriate localhost values, and setting up the spambayes
config file.  (And an un-configure to do the opposite).  TimS also has
plans for this (and even started something a while back).

For some clients this is pretty simple, because they store their
settings in config files that ConfigParser can easily read (Eudora, M2,
others).  Others are very difficult, but still possible (OE).

The aim is to further reduce the difficulty in installing - although a
plugin, of course, is a much nicer solution in the end because training
is so much easier.

=Tony Meyer