[spambayes-dev] Getting write access to cvs

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Sat Jul 19 23:34:25 EDT 2003

[Adam Walker]
> I was wondering how to get write access to cvs?

Getting commit privileges is a social process.  You make yourself known, get
a reputation, etc.  Consensus among the project admins generally follows one
way or the other.  Right now, I think you're unknown here.

> I've posted two patches on sourceforge but have not received any
> feedback.

And how much feedback have you added to other peoples' patches and bug
reports?  It cuts in all directions.

> I'd like to streamline the outlook plugin ui and make it look better if
> possible and help fix bugs and maybe work on a "enterprise" version,

Cool!  Asking for attention for the patches you've already submitted is a
good start.  Other ways to move it along include reviewing other peoples'
bugs and patches, helping with the web site, and contributing to discussions
here and on the spambayes list.

> but I don't want to waste any time on it if my efforts are going to
> be ignored.

Sorry, I'm not in the prophecy business <wink>.  Nobody wants to be ignored,
but nobody works on this project except in their spare time either, so both
patience and persistence are necessary virtues.

> I primarily read mail on Windows XP using the outlook plugin, but I
> have the following platforms in my home to test or develop on...
> Windows XP
> Windows 2000
> Windows 2003 Server
> Mac OSX (iMac)