[spambayes-dev] RE: [Python-Dev] RE: [Spambayes] Question (orpossibly a bug report)

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Sun Jul 27 18:11:19 EDT 2003

[martin at v.loewis.de]
>>> Unfortunately, the "true" source of atof (i.e. from conv.obj) is not
>>> shipped with MSVC :-(

>> Would that help us if we could get it?  I'm not sure how.

> I would hope that some inner routine that does the actual construction
> of the double is locale-independent, and takes certain details as
> separate arguments. Then, this routine could be used, passing the "C"
> specific parameters instead of those of the current locale.

OK.  I looked and couldn't find anything useful.  The Win32
GetNumberFormat() call can be used to format numbers for locale-aware
display, but I didn't find anything in the other direction.  The info at

seems to imply Win32 apps have to roll their own numeric parsing, building
on the raw info returned by GetLocaleInfo().