[spambayes-dev] Re: [Python-Dev] RE: [Spambayes] Question (or possibly a bug report)

Christian Reis kiko at async.com.br
Mon Jul 28 18:51:20 EDT 2003

On Thu, Jul 24, 2003 at 11:25:25PM -0400, Tim Peters wrote:
> [Tony Meyer]
> > Is this likely to become the case?  (In 2.4, for example?)
>
> I think so, and maybe before that.  Not in 2.3 final, but maybe in 2.3.1 --
> numeric locale problems can be catastrophic to Python programmers, so I'm
> comfortable arguing the case for calling it a bugfix.  Whether it happens
> depends on who's willing and able to do the work, of course.  There's a
> patch pending on a Python tracker to do it, but that uses a pile of code
> borrowed from glibc, and that's got problems of its own.

FWIW, it's actually borrowed from glib (GTK+'s abstraction library), and
we've got tacit permission to include it (and as soon as Alex Larsson is
back from vacation, he'll most likely sign the contributor agreement).

For details, see my PEP submission at
    http://www.async.com.br/~kiko/pep-numeric.txt

Take care,