[spambayes-dev] Making the FAQ

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Thu Jul 31 19:30:46 EDT 2003

>     Tony> This is the correct behaviour for >>, isn't it?
> Shouldn't the
>     Tony> makefile then be deleting the faq.ht file before
> recreating it?
>
> Not necessary.  The first echo command uses '>'.
>
>     Tony> Again, does it actually work for anyone else?
>
> Yeah, works for me. ;-)

Actually, this works for me too.  If CVS was configured to change the date
of the file to the date in the repository, I could see it failing though.

Also, I just checked in a change that should prevent a blank FAQ from being
generated - please make sure it still  actually works for you <wink>

Final thing: given the way we now upload "Version.cfg" from Version.py, we
should force a "cvs up" on Version.py before the generation.  Problem is
that we can't make this part of the rule, as if the local file is stale, it
won't trigger the make rule to perform the update :(  We may just have to be
careful with this.

Mark.