[spambayes-dev] [ spambayes-Bugs-746909 ] Conflicting with Message Rules

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Sun Jun 1 18:08:33 EDT 2003

Bugs item #746909, was opened at 2003-06-01 17:39
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by mhammond
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=498103&aid=746909&group_id=61702

Category: Outlook
Group: None

Initial Comment:
If you have Outlook message rules defined (i.e. moving
messages automatically into different folders), and a
message comes in, Spambayes will move it into spam
or possible spam folders as it should.  But Outlook will
move that message to the folder defined by the rule,
which subsequently makes Spambayes think it's good
and will train itself accordingly.

An example rule is:

Apply this rule after the message arrives through the
myemail at mydomain.com account, move it to the My
Personal folder

The above rule was created to sort multiple email
accounts into proper folders.

I have Spambayes configured to watch my Inbox and
my "My Personal" folder.

Perhaps we can make Spambayes process messages
after Outlook's done running its rules?

I am using Outlook 2002 SP-1

Thanks! Great program! I have been recommending it to
everyone who owns a PC! :)