[spambayes-dev] Changes to Options.py checked in

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Mon Jun 16 14:51:37 EDT 2003

FYI, I just split the classes from Options.py into a new OptionsClass.py.
This means that it is possible to reuse the classes without loading the
SpamBayes config file.

There should not be any changes to the existing options, or the general
semantics of how options are used.  I have checked pop3proxy and hammie, and
both appear to work fine.  A quick "grep" shows that no one relies on where
the classes are defined, so I think everything will be fine.

Here is the full checkin comment:
Split the class into its own file, so it is possible to use other
instances *without* loading the default SpamBayes options.
(Outlook now uses this file format, but stores its UI options in
a different file).

Allow lists to be used for multi-valued options (previously only
tuples were supported.)

Allow the first entry in the "defaults" table to be a sub-class of
Option - this allows custom packing/unpacking - currently only
used by Outlook to manage folder IDs (which are a list of tuples)

Mark.