[spambayes-dev] RE: [Spambayes] Outlook Envelope Tray Icon

Ryan Malayter rmalayter at bai.org
Fri Nov 7 13:47:54 EST 2003

> From: Bob Chojnacki
> Subject: RE: [Spambayes] Outlook Envelope Tray Icon
>
> I noticed right after I sent my email (blush) the comment in
> their code
>
>   ' add some code to check whether the latest items are "interesting"
>
> The comment is akin to the old Steve Martin comedy routine:
>
> 	"How to become a millionaire.  First, get a million dollars..."
>
> Sorry about that.

Is it really that hard?

Maybe I'm not thinking it through enough, but I suggest this simple
approach:
	Check for unread messages in the SpamBayes "watched" folders.
	Check the spam score on each of those unread messages.
	If any exist where the Spam score is below the certain ham
threshold, show the icon
	if not, everything new was spam, and you can remove the icon.

This might take a second or two two but it can happen right after every
SpamBayes scoring run gets triggered. So we'll see the new mail icon for
at most a few seconds.

Regards,
	Ryan