[spambayes-dev] Who can explain this?

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Wed Nov 12 12:40:45 EST 2003

Racking my brain trying to figure out just what persistent storage file I
was using (because sometimes it seemed to use ~/hammie.db and sometimes
~/.hammiedb), I came across this in sb_filter.py:

        # This is a bit of a hack to counter the default for
        # persistent_storage_file changing from ~/.hammiedb to hammie.db
        # This will work unless a user:
        #   * had hammie.db as their value for persistent_storage_file, and
        #   * their config file was loaded by Options.py.
        if options["Storage", "persistent_storage_file"] == \
           options.default("Storage", "persistent_storage_file"):
            options["Storage", "persistent_storage_file"] = \
                                    "~/.hammiedb"

Can we just rip this hack out and let the user's options file dictate
things?

Skip