[spambayes-dev] Code locations in Spambayes Outlook plugin

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Sat Nov 15 22:04:42 EST 2003

[TP Diffenbach]
> A bit of mucking about with the Outlook forms (and ignoring an Outlook
> popped-up suggestion after a bit of Googling), made it work, and now
> I can see the headers without having to delve into Outlook's menus,
> and I can do it without code in the form, which disables Outlook's
> auto-preview (so much of using Outlook seems to involve working
> around stupid design decisions in Outlook).

Also the lack of a full object model (e.g., the convolutions we endure to
deal with the toolbar, to play with the rule system sanely, and the
inability to automate setting up spam-score columns in views, are pretty
dreadful; we won't mention the maddening "new mail" systray icon).  It's a
pain.

> BTW, I'm signed up to the spambayes-dev list under a different email
> than I use to post to the list; will this cause any problems?

For whom?  It's OK by me -- it's not a restricted list (anyone can post
here, subscribed or not; and anyone can read the list, via its archive on
the web).