[spambayes-dev] OptionsClass.is_valid too picky?

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Sun Nov 16 22:28:48 EST 2003

> It looks to me like
> OptionsClass.HEADER_VALUE is too restrictive, but I'll leave
> it for the author of that code to decide whether or not to
> loosen it up.

I wrote (many of) the regexes in OptionsClass, and in my defense I'll note
that (somewhere) at the time I pointed out that they needed to be checked
out by someone more expert at them than me.

It's currently "[\w\.\-\*]+".  Someone here must know offhand what the valid
characters in an email header are, yes?  Or do we just go with flexibility
and use ".+"?

=Tony Meyer