[spambayes-dev] "X-" as a prefix for experimental options

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Sun Nov 23 08:59:22 EST 2003

    Mark> If I could just get a test tool to run directly over Outlook
    Mark> folders, we would be much closer (for Outlook anyway <wink>).
    Mark> This needn't be too hard - just abstracting the test tools a
    Mark> little so they allow sub-classes to extract the actual message
    Mark> streams for the test runs.

You may be able to extend mboxutils.getmbox() to handle Outlook folders.
That would allow many tools (though not timcv.py) to handle them
automagically.  timcv.py may need more than sequential access to the
messages, however.  I've never looked at it.

    Mark> Ultimately, we end up with a simple way for either Outlook or
    Mark> sb_server to run tests over the training sets, and report succinct
    Mark> results.  Otherwise, I doubt anything will change in terms of the
    Mark> number of *users* running tests (let alone developers <wink>)

Yes, it would be nice to move in that direction.  PEP time? <wink>

Skip