[spambayes-dev] Re: Three patches for better Evolution integration

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Mon Nov 24 23:05:28 EST 2003

On Tue, 2003-11-25 at 10:43, Tony Meyer wrote:

> #848319: sb_score.py - would sb_xmlscore.py be a better name? (I don't care
> enough to debate this if you don't agree ;) so +1 to checking this in).

I went with sb_evoscore.py for reasons given in the tracker. :)

> #848314: +1 to checking this in.

Done, thanks.

> #848311: At the moment if you run "sb_imapfilter.py", you get the web server
> with no browser launched.  I would prefer a different fix to add following
> the config option, so that it matches sb_server more closely.  Patch
> attached to tracker.

Here's the problem.  When I start sb_imapfilter.py with no options, I
get an error saying "You need to specify both a server and a username".
Since I don't when I used -b, I don't know why I should need to do that
now.

The basic problem seems to be that launchUI is used both to determine
whether the server gets started and whether the browser gets started.
The alternative patch doesn't fix this, so it doesn't help me too much.
But I'm not sure what the intent is so I won't make any changes to this
script for now.

Thanks!
-Barry