[spambayes-dev] Three patches for better Evolution integration

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Mon Nov 24 23:08:26 EST 2003

On Tue, 2003-11-25 at 10:56, Tony Meyer wrote:

> The reason it does that is to mark the messages with an id so that it can
> identify them in future (by adding an "X-SpamBayes-ID" header).

Why won't Message-ID work for this?  I know that's not guaranteed to be
unique, or even present on the messages in the imap server, but they'll
/probably/ exist, and they'll /probably/ be unique, so it might be good
enough.  Alternatively, you could fingerprint some part of the message
that won't change and then store the fingerprint in the message
database.

-Barry