[spambayes-dev] Setting up a new account

Sjoerd Mullender sjoerd at acm.org
Fri Oct 3 03:42:50 EDT 2003

Meyer, Tony wrote:
>>>run "sb_imapfilter.py -b", which should open a web
>>>page to <http://localhost:8880>,
>>
>>In fact, I'm not convinced that it
>>should start a browser in the first place.
>

> It's just the "-b" that's telling it to start a browser; if you run it
> without, then you just get the interface and have to open the browser
> yourself.  However, imapfilter currently requires you to use -c, -t, or
> -b (or more than one), unlike sb_server, which works without anything.
> Given that there are apparently problems with forcing the browser to
> open, I'll change this so that running sb_imapfilter.py by itself is
> just like sb_server.py by itself, serving the interface.

I was talking about imapfilter.  I haven't looked at sb_server.  It
seems to me the ideal situation would be: if given the correct flag,
start a web server.  If, in addition, given the -b flag, start a browser.
I don't think you want to loose the possibility of running a one off
training session without starting a web server.

--
Sjoerd Mullender <sjoerd at acm.org>