[spambayes-dev] bogus word crashes web interface/word query

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Sun Oct 5 21:16:01 EDT 2003

[Paul Sorenson]
> If you perform a word query on a bogus word (presumably
> any word not seen before) the web interface comes back
> with the error below.
[...]
>   File "c:\usr\Python23\lib\shelve.py", line 110, in get
>     if self.dict.has_key(key):
> AttributeError: 'int' object has no attribute 'has_key'

I'm pretty sure that the cause of this isn't that the word isn't in the
database.  This appears to be the same bug as the one that means you
can't do any training after using the configuration page.

Could you please try this:
  * Close sb_server/pop3proxy_tray/the pop3proxy service.
  * Restart whichever one you are using.
  * Try looking up a word that is definitely not in the database.
And then this:
  * Change an option (any) via the web interface.
  * Without restarting spambayes, try looking up the word again.

If I'm correct, the first method will work, and the second won't.  It
would be very helpful to know if this is the case.

(BTW, spambayes at python.org or the trackers at
http://sf.net/projects/spambayes) are better places for bug reports than
spambayes-dev at python.org).

=Tony Meyer