[spambayes-dev] A Microsoft Installer Package (.msi) for Spambayes

Trueblood, Trent S tstruebl at indiana.edu
Mon Oct 13 12:21:06 EDT 2003

Great program everyone.  I've been testing the Outlook Add-on on my own
machine for a month and am amazed with the results. I am a net admin at
an academic institution that runs a Win2k / XP environment.  We like to
distribute software to client machines in our organization via group
policy.  To you non-MS folks, that means I can push out an install to
everyone in the building, or make the software available for network
install through the Add/Remove programs control panel.  This type of
deployment requires that the software be in an .msi database-a MS
Installer package.  Part of my job here is converting script-based
installs into .msi packages.  I'm probably going to do that with
SpamBayes.  Just wondering if you wanted a copy of the .msi when I get
done?  I'm thinking that there might be others in my position that could
benefit from .msi based distribution.

-Trent