[spambayes-dev] RE: [Spambayes] Stamina-RX

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Thu Oct 16 18:12:52 EDT 2003

[Tony Meyer]
> Does anyone know what the story with these is?  Is this some sort of
> very subtle spam?

I don't know.  It depends on what we see later with a similar subject line.
I presume that stuff like this is due to a spammer not understanding how to
run their ratware.  If the next iteration of this shows up with $RAND all
over the place, I'll be sure of it <wink>.

> I notice that the spambayes filter for spambayes at python.org gives
> them a very solid unsure (.54 for this one).

Yup, almost no evidence in either direction -> about the same amount of
evidence in both directions -> unsure.  spambayes isn't very good as an
empty message detector <wink>.