[spambayes-dev] Strange Review problems after upgrade

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Mon Oct 20 17:37:11 EDT 2003

> 1) I got quite strange results, errors, etc. until I deleted the
> python2.3/site-packages/spambayes and re-installed.

Did you run "setup.py install" from the cvs copy before this?  That should
have replaced all the files in the site-packages/spambayes directory.

> 2) I got truly strange results under the "Review messages"
> page until I deleted the messageinfo.db  I was getting multiple
> dates on one review page.  Intermittent review messages and
> then getting told that no messages were available for review.
> Messages returning after training. The first review
> page was often near the beginning of October, etc.  Different
> lists for the same day at different times...

Are you sure this was related to the messageinfo.db?  IIRC, the review page
stuff doesn't use the messageinfo db at all - it just lists the messages
that are in the unknown cache.  The new version does ignore any messages
that can't be opened for some reason (otherwise things went very wrong), but
that should be consistent.

> BTW, I'm considering starting to help with this great
> product, hence my trip to CVS land.

Great, all help is welcome.

> I've also been helping some people get started on the user
> list, which is a very interesting experience!

Indeed it is.  Even this is a *hugely* helpful thing to do, because it frees
up all the developers to use their copious free time to fix bugs and add
features, rather than ask someone to read the FAQ one more time. ;)

=Tony Meyer