[spambayes-dev] py2exe error in setup_all.py

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Tue Oct 21 09:50:12 EDT 2003

> I'm trying to build the Windows binaries using the setup_all.py script
> in the windows/py2exe directory.  I pulled the latest py2exe
> source from
> CVS and ran setup.py build/install in the sandbox directory.  Then I
> went to windows/py2exe and ran setup_all.py.  All I get out
> of it is the
> following message:
>
> """
> running py2exe
> error: error in setup script: command 'py2exe' has no such option
> 'lib_dir'
> """
>
> Any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong, or what I can do to
> help narrow down the problem?  I'm running on Win2000 SP4 with Python
> 2.3.1 and win32all build 159.

*cough* - hrm.  I'm sorry, but this is my fault and I am in the middle of
fixing it!  As soon as I get the next win32all out, this should all be
capable of working.  If you are really keen and get win32all from source,
let me know (this specific issue isn't related to the win32all version, but
the CVS py2exe sandbox does currently depend on CVS win32all for the service
code, and by the time you have done that, I promise to have worked out what
the problem is <wink>).  Either way, I will CC you on whatever I end up
checkin in.

Mark.