[spambayes-dev] IMAP setup

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Mon Sep 1 19:32:37 EDT 2003

On Sun, 2003-08-31 at 20:44, G. Armour Van Horn wrote:
> I hadn't gotten time to actually look at the source yet, but I've been
> planning on setting up a mail server with imapfilter. IMAP is a
> server-based process, so I assumed that imapfilter would run on the
> server, but reading the top of the source I'm not at all sure that's the
> case. Have I missed the boat in a really, really big way here?

No, I don't think that's how imapfilter actually runs.  It's a
client-side program that connects to the server to do the filtering and
moving.

I'm using imap-based mail readers and I still haven't hit upon the best
use of spambayes in my environment.  I have some ideas, using
Evolution's program based filters but I haven't had time to flesh out
the details.

-Barry