[spambayes-dev] 1.0a5 Release

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Tue Sep 2 11:21:21 EDT 2003

    Richie> Skip?  Any preferences?  (Or are you still trying to find the
    Richie> kettle? 8-)

Between all the recent virus crap and a move out of our old house last week
(but not yet into our new house) I've been pretty swamped.  sb-upload sounds
like a decent replacement for proxytee to me.

One thing to be aware of is that old versions won't magically go away.  That
means after 1.0a6 is released, if I execute

    cvs up
    python setup.py install

I will still have a /usr/local/bin/hammiefilter.py as well as
/usr/local/bin/sb-filter.py.  Consequently, anything I have that calls
hammiefilter.py will still continue to "work", but over time will probably
result in some subtle errors as sb-filter and the modules it uses diverge
from the old hammiefilter.py script.  Accordingly, it would be nice if the
setup script knew about the old names and warned if they still exist in the
bin directory when executing the install action.

Skip