[spambayes-dev] Correcting training

G. Armour Van Horn vanhorn at whidbey.com
Tue Sep 2 14:41:14 EDT 2003

Greetings:

I've been using the soon-to-be-renamed pop3proxy, and have been for about 20
days now. I normally review the results several times a day, and try hard to
correctly classify every incoming message. As a result, I now have trained
on Spam: 8197 Ham: 9537 on my main installation. Let's just say that the
results are mildly awesome.

However, I don't think the filter has ever caught a "Nigerian" spam or other
"business proposal" sorts of messages. Sometimes I hit the "Train" button
too soon, and later find one of these in my inbox. Sometimes I will copy the
source and go "Train as Spam" with it, but as far as I know, that just means
that the message has been trained as both Ham and Spam.

Would it be possible to add an "Untrain as Ham, Train as Spam" function? Or
am I the only user stupid enough to train before reading all the mail?

Van

Sign up now for Quotes of the Day, a handful of quotations
on a theme delivered every morning.
Enlightenment! Daily, for free!
mailto:twisted at whidbey.com?subject=Subscribe_QOTD

For web hosting and maintenance,