[spambayes-dev] Re: [Spambayes] Big changes to cvs

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Sun Sep 7 21:59:27 EDT 2003

[Tim]
>> I'm unclear on why it was thought desirable to uglify all the names,

[Tony]
> Blame Greg Ward, it was his idea ;)  The reason is (quoted from Alex):
>
> "the issue is namespace pollution.  The gist of the argument is that
> if we use such generic names, then future people will be barred from
> using equally generic names... but we have no more right to those
> names than those other people, so we should not pre-emptively take
> the names."

Is this some context where it's not allowed to access spambayes scripts from
a spambayes directory?  Or were Greg/Alex worried about preventing future
spambayes developers from using "nice names" because former spambayes
developers already used them?

No, I don't really want to know the answer <wink>.