[spambayes-dev] Re: [Spambayes] how spambayes handles image-only spams

G. Armour Van Horn vanhorn at whidbey.com
Mon Sep 8 15:49:22 EDT 2003

Skip Montanaro wrote (on spambayes list):

>     Ryan> I'm going to figure out how to add these tokens to a customized
>     Ryan> parser on my own, and report on the results. I'll see if they help
>     Ryan> at all.
>
> Why do you need a customized parser?  You'd probably reach your end goal
> faster by reading and modifying tokenizer.py.

Okay, I'm really green at this, although I occasionally am able to make some
tiny changes to Perl scripts if I'm careful. I was thinking that the To: address
is probably a really good clue to work with, so I'd like a couple of hints as to
where in tokenizer.py I should be looking.

Basically, messages that are sent to one of my actual e-mail addresses are
mostly ham, messages that are sent to some other address and get to me by bcc
are almost always spam, and those that are cc'd to me are probably a mix.

Is there a section of the code that could be duplicated and diddled to do what I
want to try?

Van

Sign up now for Quotes of the Day, a handful of quotations
on a theme delivered every morning.
Enlightenment! Daily, for free!
mailto:twisted at whidbey.com?subject=Subscribe_QOTD

For web hosting and maintenance,