[spambayes-dev] Re: [Spambayes] how spambayes handles image-onlyspams

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Mon Sep 8 21:33:41 EDT 2003

[G. Armour Van Horn]
> I'm running pop3proxy.py on two machines, in each case the .ini file
> is in c:\Python22\Scripts. Here is my modified file:
>
> [Categorization]
> spam_cutoff:0.8
> address_headers: from to cc sender reply-to
> That doesn't work, because the program claims the addition is an
> invalid option. I'm guessing it needs to be in a different section?

Yup, make it

[Tokenizer]
address_headers: from to cc sender reply-to

BTW, everyone, I expect it's time to make that the default setting for
address_headers.  It *is* the default in the Outlook client (and has been
for a long time).  We looked only at "From" in the early days because some
of the others were killer-strong clues for bogus reasons when people
experimented on mixed-source ham and spam (for example, every one of ham had
a python.org Sender then, and none of my spam did; similarly, huge mounds of
my spam had one of Bruce Guenter's honeypot To addresses but none of my ham
did; so considering stuff like that made the classifier's job too easy).